Anime with the Best Opening Animation!

So a couple days ago I was clicking around the Youtubes, and a whole bunch of recommended videos popped up about the opening animation of the Chinese anime Link Click. I watched some of the videos and it was mostly just people reacting to watching the opening animation. Yes, I was watching people watching anime. And though most of the youtubers reactions were pretty over the top, I have to admit that I kind of agree with them. The opening music and animation for the opening of Link Click is really good, and even in a world of really great anime openings, it stands up from the crowd! And that got me thinking, what other anime openings are surprisingly good? All I had to do was scroll through my Youtube history to find them. These are the anime openings that are so fun, I watch them over and over again, even if I’m not a huge fan of the anime itself!

Link Click

Of course I would include this one!

Pretty Boy Detective Club

Considering that this was one of my favorite opening songs from last year, it’s not surprising that it also had stellar animation to go with it!

Wotaku Koi Wa Muzukashii

I love this opening animation, but I’ve never actually watched the anime!

Tokyo Ghoul

What I loved most about Tokyo Ghoul was the opening!

Trigun

Oldy but a goody!

I hope you enjoyed these openings as much as I did! What are some of your favorite anime openings? Are there any anime openings that you love, even though you’re not a fan of the anime itself? Please leave a comment below!

20 Comments

1. Yomu says:

My favourite OP is the one for Baccano!, classy music and does a great job at introducing the large cast.

Liked by 2 people

1. momomanamu says:

Hmm, I’ve never watched Baccano before, I’ll have to check it out! Thanks for the tip!

Liked by 2 people

1. Yomu says:

It’s a very unique experience compared to many other anime, and very well done as well.

If you enjoy it, you’ll likely also enjoy Durarara!! which is by the same author and studio, and it has a similar feel despite the different setting.

Liked by 1 person

2. Merlin says:

I LOVE Baccano’s opening! And the anime, too! šŸ˜‰

Liked by 2 people

3. momomanamu says:

Just watched the opening to Baccano! It was awesome! I love how each scene passes an element on to the next scene. Very clever!

Liked by 1 person

2. stillcircle says:

You’ve got some terrific examples there…Link Click is indeed excellent, and Wotaku Koi is a lovely series whose opening has inspired a whole lot of people to replicate the dance sequence online – some of them quite good. And Trigun…well, that’s just classic!

Liked by 2 people

3. Merlin says:

There are… A LOT of anime openings I enjoy! Waaaaaay too many to list out here! šŸ˜‰ For present purpose, I pick my favorite anime intro from the current season that is airing: Skeleton Knight in Another World! https://youtu.be/rIWYrjXs4b4

Liked by 1 person

1. momomanamu says:

I got a kick out of the opening for Skeleton Knight IAW! It was kind of goofy and yet epic. Is it just me, or did it totally have a kind of old school vibe about it?

Liked by 2 people

4. Andreea says:

Jojo has probably one of the best OPs out there. I love the different variations too, like how one OP can have 3 different versions. I won’t include those because of the major spoilers, so instead I’ll go with one of the most underrated Jojo OP ever: the first Stone Ocean OP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgxDyrEnnoE

Liked by 1 person

1. momomanamu says:

Wow, that song was very energetic! Love it! I loved all the Pop Art blended in with the characters, it really went well with the music. This opening was so energetic and fun, and it’s juxtaposed with the setting for Stone Ocean in a prison. It definitely expresses the idea of not giving up! I really liked it!

Liked by 2 people

5. Sailor moon openings FTW! šŸˆā€ā¬› šŸŒ™ āœØ

Liked by 1 person

1. Oh yeah! Not sailor moon crystal. Iā€™m talking about the original sailor moon openings.

Liked by 1 person

1. momomanamu says:

Sailor Moon openings are so iconic, even non anime fans recognize the song!

Liked by 2 people

6. Matthew says:

My favorite from this list is Trigun and Tokyo Ghoul. Lately I been listening to the OP songs of Sword Art Online and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Liked by 1 person

1. momomanamu says:

Those are good too!

Liked by 2 people

1. Matthew says:

Thanks! When an OP is good, you don’t usually skip the song lol.

Liked by 1 person

7. Cody Senpai says:

Pretty boy detective club got me from the first episode

Liked by 1 person

1. momomanamu says:

Yeah! It’s such a cheerful, energetic opening!

Liked by 1 person